How I can help you
While I love helping people out in general, there are a few topics and questions I secretly hope people will ask me about simply because I’m super enthusiastic about them!
So, what can I help you with? Here are a few things people regularly reach out to me for:
- Resume writing/edits: If you’re a college student or a young professional, this might be something I can help you with. During my time as the Editor at DU Beat (a student-run newspaper) and a core team member at Moksha Foundation (an NGO I was working with), I’ve gone through at least a 100 resumes sent by college students and recent graduates. I’ve seen the good and the bad of resumes – I can definitely check yours out and suggest edits or help you build one from scratch.
- College advice: During the three years I spent writing for DU Beat, I received numerous emails asking me for advice. These came from people who knew of me only through my writing. They’d ask me questions about making the most of college life as well specific questions around getting internships, off campus placements, building their confidence and so on. I’ve also helped out quite a few of juniors with similar questions. Whether it’s a generic question, or a highly contextual one, I’d love to help.
- How to set up a blog: I’ve experimented with quite a few blog platforms (Blogspot, Tumblr, Medium and WordPress) ever since 2010. If you’re just starting out and want to know which one would be best suited for you, how to promote your blog and ideas on what you can write on, hit me up!
- The wonders of the internet: I’m particularly nerdy about exploring the wonders of the internet, primarily social media. Knowing my love and interest in the subject, my friends often ask me for things like tips on setting up a strong LinkedIn profile and using Twitter to connect with their idols. If this sounds like something that’ll be useful to you, let me know.
- Applications and essays: If you need a fresh set of eyes to take a look at your applications or essays for programs and courses, I’d be glad to do so after understanding the objective behind it. My friends and acquaintances have found me helpful for editing ISB YLP essays in particular.
So if it’s related to one of the points mentioned above, or if you just want to say hello, I’d love to hear from you! You can reach me on Twitter, LinkedIn or Quora. You can also email me at email@example.com